Aller au contenu
  • En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.

[Tuto] Online Services (Audi Connect, Google Earth & Trafic Online) en WIFI

Allez-vous utiliser ou avez-vous utilisé ce tuto?  

127 membres ont voté

1. 1. Allez-vous utiliser ou avez-vous utilisé ce tuto?

Messages recommandés

Again ... yesterday I made:

- uninstall --> OK

- install --> OK

After a few minutes again Data Base is not available contact the dealer. It was working well since few days now.

For sure it is a coincidence but now I have to reinstall database again :(

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Bonjour.

Firstly I am devastated by the news of last night and I sincerely hope all of you and your families are all OK. Very very sad situation.

Hello I am from the UK and I have a 2016 Treg with the RNS 850 installed (with SIM slot) and with working Google Maps / Live Traffic from the factory.

Miazza kindly pointed me to the great work you have done here and I hope you can help me with my problem.

Like everyone with the RNS 850 and SIM, as soon as you install a SIM the device disconnects the bluetooth telephone connection. It seems Audi was able to correct this issue over 2 years ago but VW remains very much behind.

I would like to be able to use Google either with the SIM installed or by using the iPhone as a hotspot to provide the data connection and without disconnecting the bluetooth telephone connection. I think this is what Windstar has already done but due to some translation problems for me I cannot exactly determine the steps followed, perhaps you can help with a simple and straight forward list of actions.

Thank you.

Stu..

Miazza,

you got it right. Let us know if it works for you..

I did exactly as suggested.

My IP configguration from Green menu is the following (copioed from pic):

----IP configuration----------------

[iNFO]_CS_RESOLVE:

[iNFO] /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 8.8.8.8 nameserver 8.8.4.4

----Routing table-------------------

Destination Gateway Flags

default 192.168.2.1 UG

192.168.0.0/16 192.168.2.1 UG

192.168.1.1 (MAC RNS) UHL

192.168.1.110 (MAC RNS) UHL

192.168.2.1 (MAC ROUTER) UHL

239.255.255.250/32 192.168.1.1 UG

I think I have internet access in RNS but Google Services are graied out ... I guess there is a special setting to be saved in the DataPST.db but this must be specific for systems without SIM (like what windstar did for his system with SIM).

May be NOY knows something more on this.

Hi Stu,

two recommendations:

check this thread:

http://www.mytreg.com/index.php?/topic/58113-paring-and-configuring-rns-850-with-s3-and-rsap/

and follow the instructions regarding the pairing.

and also in the green menu at:

/diagnose/settings/tel_settings

both

NAD activation

NAD operation mode

must be checked.

exit green menu, reboot + test

But I’m pessimistic that it will work with an iPhone.

I would like to be able to use Google either with the SIM installed or by using the iPhone as a hotspot to provide the data connection and without disconnecting the bluetooth telephone connection. I think this is what Windstar has already done but due to some translation problems for me I cannot exactly determine the steps followed, perhaps you can help with a simple and straight forward list of actions.

Tout droit, write.rar contient déjà toutes les lignes nécessaires à DataPST.db pour activer Google Earth pour touareg, mais je ne travaille pas street view.

Je veux vous poser une question comme un gourou de ce forum

MMI-3GP-GE-WIFI.zip a fichier sqlite.xml

-<int_row status="invalid">

<key>45056</key> Je n'effacer cette valeur, google maps?

<value>1</value>

<namespace>4</namespace>

</int_row>

<key>40960</key>

<value>32783</value> pour tmc en ligne

<namespace>4</namespace>

</int_row>

<key>4100</key>

<value>1</value> activation du menu vert

<namespace>4</namespace>

Pour touareg doit avoir ces valeurs

"4" "4115" "0"

"4" "4116" "0"

"4" "4117" "1"

"4" "4118" "40"

"4" "4119" "20"

"4" "4120" "8999"

"4" "4121" "132121883"

"4" "4122" "336333312"

"4" "4124" "131991064"

"4" "4125" "385875968"

"4" "4126" "3241187"

"4" "4127" "132187672"

"4" "40960" "32783"

"676990753" "72057594037862404" "1"

NOY, in your dataPST.db the value "676990753" "72057594037862404" "1"

is instead

"676990753" "72057594037862400" "1"

Which is the correct numebr ?

Hello miazza,

Do understand that the Internet is in your rns 850 to install the script diagnostics - diag 2.01.

Then it is necessary install DataPST.db with car-net services.

Thank you NOY

So a make a read of my DataPST.db and I apply all the modification you said above but:

"676990753" "72057594037862404" "1"

or

"676990753" "72057594037862400" "1"

Remember I am without SIM.

About script diagnostics - diag 2.01 is this disabling the keldo MAP activation ?

The install/uninstall script has done it ...

Sorry for my ignorance but can I ask what this command do in the read script:

rm -f $dstPath/.done

is this removing any .done from root of the SD ?

Shall I modify the getStatus.sh from s_site0="192.168.1.254" to s_site0="192.168.2.1" ?

Miazza,

The diag scrip only displays various information about network settings. I don't see how it could disable map activation.

The install and uninstall scripts however, replace some files with backed up versions, so it is quite possible it undoes a change made to one of them by the activation, but not knowing how the activation works it is difficult to understand what's going on and fix it.

Maybe a moderator could add a comment in the first post of this thread indicating the potential problem?

About "rm -f $dstPath/.done", the various scripts used to execute commands from an SDcard use the .start and .done files to identify the state of execution. .start is create at the start of the script and deleted at the end, while .done is deleted at the start of the script (if it was present) and created upone completion.

These files are created on the SDcard and have no impact whatsoever on MMI/RNS.

And yes, s_site0 should be modified to reflect the IP assigned to your router, 192.168.1.254 for a nominal installation and 192.168.2.1 if you have implemented the change recommended by NOY for RNS systems.

Hello miazza,

Do understand that the Internet is in your rns 850 to install the script diagnostics - diag 2.01.

Then it is necessary install DataPST.db with car-net services.

Yes NOY. I installed diag 2.01 and I have internet connection.

I have made a read (back-up) of my DataPST.db. Are they all three identical and I can modify only one of them ?

I can send you in PM my DataPST original and the one I have modded.

post-138190-0-11802200-1468793525_thumb.jpg

post-138190-0-12820600-1468793541_thumb.jpg

Ne vous inquiétez pas, essayez

read.rar et de garder votre DataPST.db

Ensuite, appliquez write.rar, se connecter en ligne à rns et cliquez sur Google Earth.

Can this modification be done also via VCDS without overcopying my database ?

Yes, language is English and you will see my list of radio stations.

Confused, since when you have BG radios on Russia ?

CITYBG RADIO

RADIO 1

bTV radio

ENERGY

ROCK

FRESH

Z-ROCK

STAR FM

CHEAP

VERONIKA

FM+SOFIA

VITOSHA

CITY

NovaNews

BULGARIA

ANTENA

BNR SOFIA

CLASSIC105 FM ...

these are all BG radio stations.

NOY i believe you know me well and we have done some great work past 3 months.

But why you ignored my advise not to publish MY datapst.db until i work-out the exact values for all the options?

As you know i've spend great amount of time on something that is not ready to be published. I'm fine with people using it but no posted on forums that are visible from google.

I've shared everything with you in exchange of collaboration and not money right ?

:mur:

p.s. Just to warn people that use the solution is it is. I had one case that i had to re-flash the unit using serial connection. Why - i still don't know. One out of three with that datapst.db died. That is not a problem for me because i can fix it but it could be problem for you .... Just to know.

p.s. Just to warn people that use the solution is it is. I had one case that i had to re-flash the unit using serial connection. Why - i still don't know. One out of three with that datapst.db died. That is not a problem for me because i can fix it but it could be problem for you .... Just to know.

I got your warning and now I am scared and stopped ... I wait for your suggestion if you can assist.

In PM I have sent you my DataPST.db in a modded version forrowing what suggested in the forum.

May be this can help you in better understanding the configuration without SIM.

You will have answer soon.

I'm doing some more debugging till the end of this week and will post some of the findings.

Unfortunately i'm not good with Italian, do you know if i can change the language of the forum interface to English?

The forum is in French and as far as I can see no English menu translation exists.

They are already very supportive with us ... indeed this is an Audi post and they are very positive in assisting us on our VW.

I have a question for you.

In page one of this discussion there is a very interesting installation script.

In order to manipulate the dataPST.db. the script uses sqlite.xml process that looks more safe in the updating process:

cp $SDPath/newfiles/sqlite.xml /HBpersistence/.

sqlite.xml is imported at the next boot.

sqlite.xml structure is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>                                            
<tables xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="sqlite.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
	<tb_integer>
		<int_row status="invalid">
			<key>45056</key>
			<value>1</value>
			<namespace>4</namespace>
		</int_row>
			<key>40960</key>
			<value>32783</value>
			<namespace>4</namespace>
		</int_row>
			<key>4100</key>
			<value>1</value>
			<namespace>4</namespace>
		</int_row>
	</tb_integer>
</tables>

May be , once you have competed your job this can be implemented in the installation script for RNS850.

Meanwhile I put back my SD in the pocket and wait for your instructions :)

The forum is in French and as far as I can see no English menu translation exists.

They are already very supportive with us ... indeed this is an Audi post and they are very positive in assisting us on our VW.

Actually, there must be a way as my view of the forum is in english even though I'm french! It may be context setting through the browser?

@Congo

thanks for joining in, I'll be particularly interested to get a better understanding of the database structure...

MyAudi access and traffic online are of particular interest

@frankiegom

MyAudi access - access to some online info should be working on your unit (A6/4G) if it's MMI 3GP and have SIM slot.

For the traffic online cant tell you much as here in Bulgaria we don't use it as it's useless. If your unit have SIM slot you can ask your local Audi dealer as there is some fee if the vehicle is more than 3 years old.

Currently all other solutions are not working, but i believe that the fee is no more than 50-80E per year which i believe is not so much money :)

As for the help - i will try to help you with what i know and can but my time is limited .... this is just a hobby for me and as it turned out there are some people that i've helped and then they spit you in the face.

Cheers.

@Congo

This thread is about a solution for providing Internet access through WiFi to MMI 3GP without a SIM slot, and as such my car does not include 3G modem or SIM slot. I will have to look deeper about MyAudi, then but for the sake of clarity my experience is as follows:

- when I first got the Internet connection working in the car, the Audi website would not allow me to get the PIN code needed to enable MyAudi in the car so there was no way to get it working. This was with FW 0783 and the then current maps (6.20.x)

- Just about the time I was ready to update to FW 0900, I noticed that the Audi website had changed and I was able to get a MyAudi PIN for my car, even though it has no SIM slot. I entered the PIN in the MMI, and got connected to myAudi (no other change needed)! I was even able to create a couple POIs from Google Maps and have them transfered to the MMI through the Internet connection!! :D

- Then I installed FW 0900 and applied Keldo activation on old map and I haven't been able to get MyAudi working again. The PIN Code is accepted, but trying to connect get a "cannot connect to server" error. :(

Now I'm trying to understand if something has changed in my network configuration between FW 0783 and 0900 (I had to troubleshoot a lot when the WiFi Internet connection was not working anymore)or if it the Keldo patch that interferes with myAudi (but it is hard to test this without the patch since it deactivates navigation altogether).

It is tough to troubleshoot because I cannot get a network dump on the MMI. I did manage to get some data from the router, but it was non conclusive and I think the MyAudi traffic never leaves the MMI. And not seeing what happens in the MMI makes it tough to trace to a single issue. If you would know what kind of traffic to what kind of servers, I may be able to cross check firewalll tables etc...

If you do, feel free to contact me via PM if you think this is not to be shared widely at this point because of involved risk. I have alredy bricked my MMI and can handle myself if that happens again...

Bottom line is: I have seen it work in my car, so there must be a way to get it to work again!

As to paying to extend traffic online, a few have tried to approach Audi about that and unsurprisingly they won't sell you an extension if the car does not have a SIM slot (they even made changes so newer cars within the 42 months grace period cannot use it anymore), and I have yet to see a reliable figure on the price to eligible customers. 50€ I would probably pay in a heartbeat if it saves me time to work every day!

All I know is that there is a russian outfit in Moscow that advertises a traffic online activation service for quite cheap (30 or 40€ maybe), so there are ways, but they will only work on a car if you bring it to them! :(

But I can understand that you are cautious, especially if you've been burnt before, and that you, like most of us, do this has a hobby (can I call that a challenge?) ;)

Anyway, thanks for chipping in!

best

F.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Hello to everybody.

With the assistance of congo (many thanks to him again), I have succeded to activate GE on my RNS850 without using third parties DataDSP.db.

In order to summarize the job done, starting from the great tutorial of this discussion, I have written a tutorial tailored to Touareg RNS850 system.

You can find it at the following link, together with all the scripts that are necessary for the install and GE activation.

https://mega.nz/#!5o1nkKKQ!b8jzDpFQBcJ1MskB-9MxaHlBGXBMzy0tw4e2Cak-NXY

I hope this is useful.

ciao

I hope this is useful.

Hi miazza!

Glad to hear you solved your problem and thanks especially for taking the time to document the method. It is always useful if only in helping understand how thinks work! ;)

I'll just make one comment about an important change (for me) that happened after the original document was produced and never update: the recommended ROOter version is no longer Multiweb 3.1 or 3.18, but the latest: Golden Orb (available here).

Previous versions were never tested in a moving environment until I started experimenting with Audi Connect when I got my car end of 2014 and reporting my issues on the ROOter forum. ROOTer was originally developed to help provide Internet access in the far away places not covered with proper fixed broadband Internet in Canada and the Australian bush. When I started playng with it in the car I came upon many cases where the modem would get disconnected and never reconnect until rebooted. I had to go through a lot of testing and great support from Dairyman (the developer) to get disconnection/reconnection scripts troubleshooted and working satisfactorily. There were also many improvements in other areas like modem support, dual modem control, radio network monitoring, SMS handling and more, not all of them useful in a car environment but worth having anyway.

This will probably mean some of the screenshots may have to be changed but it really makes the overall system a lot more comfortable to use!

F.

Hi miazza!

Glad to hear you solved your problem and thanks especially for taking the time to document the method. It is always useful if only in helping understand how thinks work! ;)

I'll just make one comment about an important change (for me) that happened after the original document was produced and never update: the recommended ROOter version is no longer Multiweb 3.1 or 3.18, but the latest: Golden Orb (available here).

Yes, finally I like to share what I have done and leave it in the net for the benefit of others.

BTW it can be useful also form me in case I need to make a reconfig in the future ;)

I got your point on the router SW release and infact I added a specific sentence in para 5 to verify the latest version at the website you are pointing above.

Thanks for the recall.

Yes, finally I like to share what I have done and leave it in the net for the benefit of others.

BTW it can be useful also form me in case I need to make a reconfig in the future ;)

I got your point on the router SW release and infact I added a specific sentence in para 5 to verify the latest version at the website you are pointing above.

Thanks for the recall.

Indeed, and I thank you again for this.

I really wanted to drive the point that the newer firmware was not optional for the benefit of newer readers who might be interested... ;)

Et pour ceux qui ne lisent pas du tout l'anglais il faut absolument installer la dernière version du firmware ROOter, Golden Orb, et non pas Multiweb qui n'a pas été optimisée pour un environnement mobile!

Hello

je viens de changer le matériel (du 3020 oem au 703 en 64Mo slboat) et du coup je suis passé à Golden Orb....

Déjà c'est plus rapide il me semble et l'interface golden Orb a fait peau neuve

L'ancienne interface est aussi disponible pour ceux qui préfèrent. Il est possible que la Connection soit plus rapide avec certains modems, oui...

Hello to everybody.

With the assistance of congo (many thanks to him again), I have succeded to activate GE on my RNS850 without using third parties DataDSP.db.

In order to summarize the job done, starting from the great tutorial of this discussion, I have written a tutorial tailored to Touareg RNS850 system.

You can find it at the following link, together with all the scripts that are necessary for the install and GE activation.

https://mega.nz/#!5o1nkKKQ!b8jzDpFQBcJ1MskB-9MxaHlBGXBMzy0tw4e2Cak-NXY

I hope this is useful.

ciao

Hi There,

Would you or anyone be able to help me here... I've done everything as per your instructions and no luck.

I've got a MMI wit SIM slot and i've got WiFi activated and working fine.

In the green menu GEMMI is not there?

Here are some photos and i hope someone can help, please open the Dropbox link for photos since i couldn't attach photos here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p8dkn46rz7eeglc/AAA96psb0PkzvVdHAzzdY1Nna?dl=0

You need K0821 in order GE to work. But i don't have AN map so use at own risk :)

Second - why you are using the Odi WIFI scripts when you have SIM ... not the same.

For car with SIM you only need 02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE but that will work on RNS units with K0821/2 soft.

You need K0821 in order GE to work. But i don't have AN map so use at own risk :)

Second - why you are using the Odi WIFI scripts when you have SIM ... not the same.

For car with SIM you only need 02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE but that will work on RNS units with K0821/2 soft.

Can we update just the SW to K0821 without disturbing the maps?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

Cant tell you. Don't have such MAP in hand to try :(

That's fine. Thanks for your replies though.

BTW I've got Google Earth working on my unit with same maps.

Will work on maps to find the latest one. Will maybe require help for activation solution for public.

post-139718-14712634002401_thumb.jpgpost-139718-1471263447983_thumb.jpgpost-139718-14712635014147_thumb.jpg

I am still on vacation but I noticed a strange behaviour of the BT mobile strenght sighal on the left screen of the nav: my strenghth is now always at 5 bars and never decrease (even if the mobile has one bar).

This happened after having installed K0821 and wifi script (i do not know who of the two is the discriminant).

May be this is in some way linked to the fact that my car is without Street View ... it does not work even if I tried hundred times.

In some way it must be a SW setting that is different from RNS850 dtated 2010 .... I am still trying to understand ....

Bonjour à tous. Tout d'abord vous remercier tous pour un tel sujet de forum utile. J'utilise les informations ici et il a été intéressant et instructif. Je vois qu'il ya beaucoup de gens intelligents qui contribuent aux connaissances et prouesses techniques. Je suis désolé pour mon manque de français, et je ahve pour poster en anglais avec traduction google. J'espère qu'ils ne sont pas trop difficiles à comprendre.

I have 2011 Audi A8 with MMI 3G+ (no SIM card). I was researching updating my maps, and read about getting online access to MMI with excitement. I found someone selling an "online box" for 300EUR, but thought i would try myself. (Interestingly he told me i would have to upgrade firmware to k900 for it to work - it's a box which connects to car wlan and has a 3G dongle - no cable to MMI - so just like the method demonstrated here)
I upgraded firmware to k900 and installed 2016 maps - activated - all good.
I decided to follw the MMI cable method i read about on the A5OC forum.
TRENDnet TU2-ET100 (white)
TP-LINK TL-MR3020
openwrt firmware
green menu enabled - settings changed
DNS script set
Despite lots of reading and tinkering - I cannot seem to get default gateway changed! I have set DNS resolve ok, ethernet adapter recognised etc - but problem is with default gateway.
I decided to try your way and use your script, but now i see k900 firmware does not seem to work!! Also it seems to lock the MMI DCHP server which sounds like the same problem i'm having? I know some of your members have got it working with k900 and the cable method, but I cant see what i have done wrong and am now blaming the k900 firmware.
Any ideas???
(Also - the person who is selling the "online box" for 300EUR - sounds like they have made the wireless method work with k900 which is promising!)
Thanks
Je Audi A8 2011 avec MMI 3G + (pas de carte SIM). Je faisais des recherches sur la mise à jour mes cartes, et lu à obtenir un accès en ligne à MMI avec enthousiasme. J'ai trouvé quelqu'un qui vend une "boîte en ligne" pour 300EUR, mais pensé que je voudrais essayer moi-même. (Il est intéressant, il m'a dit que je devrais mettre à jour firmware pour K900 pour que cela fonctionne - c'est une boîte qui se connecte à la voiture wlan et dispose d'un dongle 3G - pas de câble à MMI - donc tout comme la méthode démontré ici)
Je mis à jour firmware pour K900 et installé 2016 cartes - activé - tout bon.
Je décidai de follw la méthode de câble MMI i lu sur le forum de A5OC.
TRENDnet TU2-ET100 (blanc)
TP-LINK TL-MR3020
openwrt firmware
Menu vert activé - paramètres changé
script DNS défini
Malgré beaucoup de lecture et de bricolage - Je ne peux pas sembler obtenir la passerelle par défaut a changé! J'ai mis résolution DNS ok, adaptateur ethernet etc reconnu - mais le problème est avec la passerelle par défaut.
Je décidai d'essayer votre chemin et utiliser votre script, mais maintenant je vois K900 firmware ne semble pas fonctionner !! En outre, il semble verrouiller le serveur MMI DCHP qui sonne comme le même problème que je vais avoir? Je sais que certains de vos membres ont obtenu ce travail avec les K900 et la méthode de câble, mais je ne peux pas voir ce que je l'ai fait de mal et je suis maintenant blâmer le firmware de K900.
Des idées???
(Aussi - la personne qui vend la «boîte en ligne" pour 300EUR - sonne comme ils ont fait le travail de la méthode sans fil avec K900 qui est prometteur!)
Merci

Hi aurrian,

your default gateway problem with the cable method is a bit weird as the change is very simple. As soon as you active fair mode in the green menu, you direct the MMI to default to the AMI/Ethernet connection if present. It is the DHCP protocol on that interface that get the IP parameters from the router and assigns them to the interface (IP address, mask and gateway), so there really is nothing else to do on that front. The only hurdle is the DNS which is not handled properly via DHCP so that you have to run a script to set that in the resolv.conf file. There is no way that K900 is needed. The modification works as far back as, at least, K767 (A6 MMI 3GP, might be different on A8).

What does the green menu say? Can you post screenshots of the various screens, including IP configuration and fair mode?

As to the other method, it is a little more complex and should really be only used if you need the AMI port for something else, but there is no way it is incompatible with K900 as this is what I am running in my car with no issue whatsoever. The one real problem that was found had to do with upgrading the firmware with the patch in place, which overwrote important files and made it impossible to recover without manual intervention to restore those files. Plus the change is 100% compatible with the first method. Replace the router with one that does not connect to the MMI WiFi, plug in the AMI/Ethernet adaptor, et voila!

Lastly, the DHCP mod you refer to has no bearing on the problem you observe with default gateway, because it blocks the MMI DHCP so the router DHCP can server IP addresses over WiFi in client mode (a nice little trick, this is) whereas the first mod also gets IP addresses from the router, but via Ethernet thnaks to fair mode use. So in both cases, the MMI DHCP is bypassed!

Again, K900 has nothing to do with your issues. More probably Chair/Keyboard interface error! ;)

Let us know how you get

François

Bonsoir Francois

Votre anglais est excellent - je suis honte ..

I am pleased you think it is possible with my setup. I was ready to give up!

Also it is still possible to setup the wireless connection later on if i need to? I thought it was not possible with k900 - that is good to know - although i prefer to set up with MMI cable and tether to my mobile phone just now.

I will start and try again tomorrow. Maybe i have done something wrong in the router setup? With openWRT is it important if switch is set to AP / WISP mode?

I attach some screenshots i took yesterday to see if they help?

20160824_205118_zps8vafud8p.jpg

20160824_205124_zpsai9mfhbr.jpg

20160824_204837_zpsrrgzrjlv.jpg

20160824_204819_zpsbj0utz7u.jpg

20160824_204826_zpsdwt7zua2.jpg

Merci beaucoup!

So the firmware k900 is not a problem - good

If the MMI can communicate with the interface - then the trendnet interface is OK?

There do not seem to be any power supply issues

So the problem lies in the MMI setup or the router setup - correct?

Damian.

Tomorrow - I will take more pictures of the other green menu screens. I will re-install openWRT on router and take pictures of the configuration screens on openWRT on laptop.

Maybe it will work this time, and if not - maybe you can see where i am going wrong?!

As you say - it sounds like the weak link in the chain is me !! :-)

Can anyone share a SW update for Audi A6 2009 with MMI 3G?

Thanks

Hi

I think this is what you are looking for;;

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-general-q/113473-mmi-3g-basic-navigation.html

Best if you check your software version in your car settings and post a picture on that website or here to be sure you have 3G or 3G+ as the software and map activators are different