Aller au contenu
  • En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.

Restauration d'une 80 Variant

Messages recommandés

a priori plus que 2 exemplaires restant dans le monde, en conduite à droite... celui ci et un en nouvelle Zelande.

restauration de la carosserie

Avant... regardez comme l'aile est pourrie jusqu'a la moelle !!

16022008067.jpg

Apres

DSC_0023.jpg

LE moteur a été refait en parallele ..

Avant

Ralf4.jpg

Apres

testassemble2.jpg

Modifié par Burny

Magnifique le moteur. J'espère un jour pouvoir en trouver une Variant (de préférence en 72 comme ma berline) pour la restaurer. C'est une voiture attachante.

Sylvain

Pour les ailes, pas de soucis, ça se change sans problème et cela se trouve encore. Par contre c'est les fixations qui ne doivent pas être rouillées car là ça devient chaud. Tout comme les ailes arrières, pour celles de la Variant, elles sont quasi introuvables ou à des prix astronomiques quans on en trouve.

Sylvain

si si.. suffit de cliquer sur le lien et de se promener sur le forum :bigthumbup:

P3310026.jpg

@Popoff, j'aurais plutot dit "enjoy" :up1:

@Sylvain : ils ont choisi de recuperer des pieces sur la bleue que l'on devine sur le coté... mais il a fallu quand meme ressouder les ailes.

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showth...=723&page=5

• 2 ans plus tard...

quelques nouvelles de cette voiture. Elle a participé à plusieurs salons et rassemblements où elle a eu plusieurs prix.

Son propriétaire l'a vendue récemment mais je ne sais pas à quel prix.

voici le texte de l'annonce :

Stunning rare Auto Union Audi 80 Variant F103 For Sale (1968)

I'll probably live to regret this but I've thought long and hard over the past few weeks and it's now or never, and I'll like to persue another business venture so could do with freeing up some capital.

The car itself is an 1968 Auto Union Audi 80 Variant (F103). She was found in 2007 by one of the Fifth Gear presenters lying at the back of a farm amongst several W123 Mercs looking rather forlorn to say the least.

A deal was done 6 months later and I took possession of her and at the same time lost possession of all my senses and decided that she was going to have a full and sympathetic restoration to as near original as possible.

Luckily, one week later I managed to locate a 1968 Audi 70L as a donor vehicle to make the restoration possible. The original engine was firing on 2 and and sometimes 3 but was basically shot and required a full rebuild, and what she got was nothing short of amazing.

Every nut and bolt of the engine was stripped, cleaned, renewed, new parts specially made up (at an expense I'd rather not talk about cos the wife might read it!!!), and even a set of NOS Barrels and Pistons were sourced.

The engine is better than factory fresh and has done about 100 miles since being fully rebuilt. This was all down to the expert skills of Tony Warren. The bodywork was done by Retro Auto in Telford, and the wings were recreated using old fashioned skills of the English wheel and an old man in a dark shed who makes spare wings for old Astons. The paint is the correct VW Java green. The restoration has been done sympathetically and has not been over done and things like the original trim, bumpers, rubbers etc have not been renewed (mainly because you'd have difficulty in finding a lot of the parts anyway!!).

This way they show a nice patina without looking over restored. The car is 42 years old but probably cleaner than most cars on the road today! If you go on to the Classic Audi site (www.classic-audi.co.uk) you can see 2 build threads for this car, one for the body and one for the engine both have hundreds and hundreds of pictures. I also have 2 cd's full of pictures of the restoration. She has been taken to 2 shows, Ultimate Dubs where she was invited to be displayed in their stock concours section in the main foyer and also to Ultimate Dubs where she won best Stock Watercooled. She has appeared in several Classic and VW magazines in the UK and Portugal, and she also had a full 5 page feature in June 2009's edition of Audi Driver Magazine.

The car has done 47k from new. Due to lack of history, this cannot be verified, but the fact that it's still alive today would probably make that about right! She even comes with her original green log book as well as the new V5C and she will be sold with 12 months MOT if staying in the UK. Can also put 12 months tax on as she is tax exempt!!! She has done less than 100 miles since the last one, and remains in secure storage. Couple of minor issues, fuel gauge has been intermittent, connection may need looking at. I can polish a car all day long but electric scare me!!

The only deviation from factory on the entire car is the use of the twin choke carb from the Audi Super 90. Not for the extra performance though I might add, although she does have a healthy 80bhp! Serious enquiries only. Not really after any part-ex's. Got too many cars as it is (but try me as it could be useful for my new business) Will only sell to a collector who appreciates what it is they are buying, although it would be nice if Audi UK could buy it for their West London showroom (still awaiting an answer back!) This is an extremely rare car. It is the only RHD Variant in the UK and there are only 3 known surviving RHD variants in the world. Price, well this is a tricky one. How do you value such a car? Based on rarity and what it owes me (although I'd dread to know the full resto figure!),

I have priced her at £8995. If you think it's too much, find me another one, and then show me one in this condition!!! If you think it's too little, cool, add another grand and I'll be happier still! This will be an appreciating classic to anyone who buys her.