Aller au contenu
  • En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.

[Tuto] Online Services (Audi Connect, Google Earth & Trafic Online) en WIFI

Allez-vous utiliser ou avez-vous utilisé ce tuto?  

122 membres ont voté

1. 1. Allez-vous utiliser ou avez-vous utilisé ce tuto?

Messages recommandés

Hi

I think this is what you are looking for;;

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-general-q/113473-mmi-3g-basic-navigation.html

Best if you check your software version in your car settings and post a picture on that website or here to be sure you have 3G or 3G+ as the software and map activators are different

Could you please check the photos and confirm.

And since I am in Australia, would anyone have the AU maps to share?

d430972f91b3d8832ef3bc7e6ff87528.jpg2049e5e0a7b23ee6bc7c30de2fec1acd.jpg6fb6c06ba9b64fef0936983bc354b1b7.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

• Réponses 953
  • Créé
  • Dernière réponse

Classement des membres dans ce topic

Classement des membres dans ce topic

Publications populaires

Ou la la la   Si peu de visites et déjà beaucoup de question et la fonction recherche qui se situe ou ??   bon je vais essayer de répondre pour partie :   Le tuto Wifi en

Oui il y a l'emplacement SIM mais il est vide 

Hello j'ai eu le même probleme car j'ai demandé à avoir une sim jumelle data sur mon abonnement Bouygues pro...et impossible Je suis passé par l'abonnement de ma conjointe Orange et du coup

Images publiées

Tomorrow - I will take more pictures of the other green menu screens. I will re-install openWRT on router and take pictures of the configuration screens on openWRT on laptop.

Maybe it will work this time, and if not - maybe you can see where i am going wrong?!

As you say - it sounds like the weak link in the chain is me !! :-)

Damien,

From what you showed I'd say the issue is in the router. What FW are you running, stock OpenWRT or ROOter from ofmodemsandmen.com? I would advise the latter, but make sure you pick the latest version, Golden Orb.

You must change the default network in the router so it does not conflict with the MMI network. Do not use 192.168.1.0/24 for the LAN interface on the router! This you can only use on the WiFi interface if you connect to MMI Wi-Fi.

DNS set as 192.168.1.254 seems to point to a setup which is a mix of both methods...

Maybe you can share the router settings file so we can have a quick look?

Could you please check the photos and confirm.

And since I am in Australia, would anyone have the AU maps to share?

d430972f91b3d8832ef3bc7e6ff87528.jpg2049e5e0a7b23ee6bc7c30de2fec1acd.jpg6fb6c06ba9b64fef0936983bc354b1b7.jpg

Hi

Yes i think it's that link i sent. But i'm not an expert - you should do some reading on that forum, and also GPS underground - those guys know everythign about in car GPS!

Good luck!

Hi

Yes i think it's that link i sent. But i'm not an expert - you should do some reading on that forum, and also GPS underground - those guys know everythign about in car GPS!

Good luck!

Would you know if my unit is the MMI 3g High or Basic?

I think it might be High since the SW starting with HNav

Damien,

From what you showed I'd say the issue is in the router. What FW are you running, stock OpenWRT or ROOter from ofmodemsandmen.com? I would advise the latter, but make sure you pick the latest version, Golden Orb.

You must change the default network in the router so it does not conflict with the MMI network. Do not use 192.168.1.0/24 for the LAN interface on the router! This you can only use on the WiFi interface if you connect to MMI Wi-Fi.

DNS set as 192.168.1.254 seems to point to a setup which is a mix of both methods...

Maybe you can share the router settings file so we can have a quick look?

Hi again

I used stock openWRT

I tried a few different IP addresses for LAN side of router - 192.168.1.1, then 192.168.0.1 then 192.168.1.254 - each time i changed the DNS resolve setting to match.

I might have discovered a problem though!

When i tested the router was working - i tested

laptop ------ethernet cable----- tplink router)))))wireless(((( phone - internet that worked

but i have just tried

laptop USB ------------ ethernet adapter ------ethernet cable ---------router ))))))wireless(((((phone - internet - does NOT work

- that doesn't connect to the internet - and the router does not assign an ip address to the laptop - that should work ?correct?

EDIT - the laptop sees ASIX USB2.0 to fast ethernet adapter - says DHCP enabled yes, autoconfiguration IPv4 address 169.254.25.113, subnet 255.255.0.0, gateway and DNS server not set, and no internet access.

So if that's what the MMI sees when connected this way - that would explain why there is no gateway....!

Would you know if my unit is the MMI 3g High or Basic?

I think it might be High since the SW starting with HNav

Hi

Not 100% sure. Sorry.

You would be safer to ask on the A5oc forum, or gpsunderground really. Unless someone else on this forum can advise.

Hi again

I used stock openWRT

I tried a few different IP addresses for LAN side of router - 192.168.1.1, then 192.168.0.1 then 192.168.1.254 - each time i changed the DNS resolve setting to match.

I might have discovered a problem though!

When i tested the router was working - i tested

laptop ------ethernet cable----- tplink router)))))wireless(((( phone - internet that worked

but i have just tried

laptop USB ------------ ethernet adapter ------ethernet cable ---------router ))))))wireless(((((phone - internet - does NOT work

- that doesn't connect to the internet - and the router does not assign an ip address to the laptop - that should work ?correct?

EDIT - the laptop sees ASIX USB2.0 to fast ethernet adapter - says DHCP enabled yes, autoconfiguration IPv4 address 169.254.25.113, subnet 255.255.0.0, gateway and DNS server not set, and no internet access.

So if that's what the MMI sees when connected this way - that would explain why there is no gateway....!

Anything starting with 192.168.1. will not work, period. If you use it in the router then you will have a conflict with the MMI internal network.

An IP starting with 169.254. means there was no DHCP address served. Is this what you get when the laptop is plugged in the router using the trendnet adaptor? If yes then DHCP is not configured on the router.

Anything starting with 192.168.1. will not work, period. If you use it in the router then you will have a conflict with the MMI internal network.

An IP starting with 169.254. means there was no DHCP address served. Is this what you get when the laptop is plugged in the router using the trendnet adaptor? If yes then DHCP is not configured on the router.

So, I'm further forward.

The trendnet adapter seems to be faulty.

It will not connect my laptop (or my PC) to either my own home wired network, OR to the TPlink router. Although they both worked with direct ethernet connection - not using usb adapter.

I got another adapter - and it works perfectly with laptop to home network and laptop to tplink. (This adapter has the wrong chipset to work with the MMI)

I have ordered another adapter with correct ASIX AX88772 chipset from amazon - It has not been proven to work - but does have correct chipset i think as it works with nintendo Wii.

I will use 192.168.0.1 as LAN IP and DNS resolve - and we will see!

I'm hopeful this will work - i was sure i set everything up properly - so if the adapter was faulty - it would make sense! - Do you cross your fingers in France to wish for good luck?

Damian

This is the adapter i ordered - i will update if it worked. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F41TWAO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm hopeful this will work - i was sure i set everything up properly - so if the adapter was faulty - it would make sense! - Do you cross your fingers in France to wish for good luck?

Yes we do. And if it still does not work another model to try is the Cisco Linksys USB300M. Tiny, cheap, tested and approved in my car!

Good luck (je croise les doigts)!

So, I'm further forward.

The trendnet adapter seems to be faulty.

It will not connect my laptop (or my PC) to either my own home wired network, OR to the TPlink router. Although they both worked with direct ethernet connection - not using usb adapter.

I got another adapter - and it works perfectly with laptop to home network and laptop to tplink. (This adapter has the wrong chipset to work with the MMI)

I have ordered another adapter with correct ASIX AX88772 chipset from amazon - It has not been proven to work - but does have correct chipset i think as it works with nintendo Wii.

I will use 192.168.0.1 as LAN IP and DNS resolve - and we will see!

Damian

This is the adapter i ordered - i will update if it worked. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F41TWAO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Et Voila!

Success!

Delighted to have got it all working, but frustrating to think how much time i wasted because of a faulty part!!

The UTECH USB to ethernet adapter works well, and looks to be well built well finished.

Online traffic not working due to age of car, but viewing google maps has the traffic speed displayed as an overlay on the map with coloured lines - ()just like you get on a phone or tablet) - This also shows on the navigation destination confirmation page - but annoyingly you can't see the traffic on your route as the route shows as a blue line and obliterates the traffic info!

So once again - thanks to Francoise for all the help and advice - i was ready to give up - but your reassurance that i could get it working with the k900 was what made me persevere.

a bientot

Damian!

Excellent! Never under estimate the power of good troubleshooting...

Incidentally, if you get the coloured overlays on the map then traffic online must be working!

Excellent! Never under estimate the power of good troubleshooting...

Incidentally, if you get the coloured overlays on the map then traffic online must be working!

OOps my mistake!

The coloured lines i see represent A-roads, B-roads, motorways - not the traffic!

Réussite!! J'ai fait la connexion avec mon S4 Samsung car je n'ai pas 3G/4G cle.

Merci à tous pour partager le retour d’expérience, mais particulièrement aux auteur de ce tuto Frankiegom et hsd42. Thierry-43 pour son aide.

La seule chose qui ne marche pas ce le traffic online: licence expirée. Meme quand la voiture n'a que un et demie. Dommage!!

J'ai suivi le tuto ligne par ligne sauf pour la PSD(OFF) et la config du CLE 3G/4G USB.

Hi aurrian,

your default gateway problem with the cable method is a bit weird as the change is very simple. As soon as you active fair mode in the green menu, you direct the MMI to default to the AMI/Ethernet connection if present. It is the DHCP protocol on that interface that get the IP parameters from the router and assigns them to the interface (IP address, mask and gateway), so there really is nothing else to do on that front. The only hurdle is the DNS which is not handled properly via DHCP so that you have to run a script to set that in the resolv.conf file. There is no way that K900 is needed. The modification works as far back as, at least, K767 (A6 MMI 3GP, might be different on A8).

What does the green menu say? Can you post screenshots of the various screens, including IP configuration and fair mode?

As to the other method, it is a little more complex and should really be only used if you need the AMI port for something else, but there is no way it is incompatible with K900 as this is what I am running in my car with no issue whatsoever. The one real problem that was found had to do with upgrading the firmware with the patch in place, which overwrote important files and made it impossible to recover without manual intervention to restore those files. Plus the change is 100% compatible with the first method. Replace the router with one that does not connect to the MMI WiFi, plug in the AMI/Ethernet adaptor, et voila!

Lastly, the DHCP mod you refer to has no bearing on the problem you observe with default gateway, because it blocks the MMI DHCP so the router DHCP can server IP addresses over WiFi in client mode (a nice little trick, this is) whereas the first mod also gets IP addresses from the router, but via Ethernet thnaks to fair mode use. So in both cases, the MMI DHCP is bypassed!

Again, K900 has nothing to do with your issues. More probably Chair/Keyboard interface error! ;)

Let us know how you get

François

Bonjour Frankiegom,

Merci beaucoup de ta continuité sur ce sujet concernant le FW900.

En Juin j’ai suivi le tuto avec succès sur le FW P782 en tout fonctionne à la perfection. J’ai utilisé AUDI CONNECT et Google Earth pendant tout l’été.

post-137607-0-37811700-1465596325_thumb.jpg

Par contre, j’ai encore la version NAVI 6.19.3 et je voudrais faire la MAJ à la version 6.22.4, mais avant tout, je pense qu’il faudra passer au K900.

Si j’ai bien compris, la TUTO est applicable au FW900 mais si d’abord je désinstalle le patch (script). Et donc, une fois tout désinstallé et comme d’origine, je peux faire la MAJ au FW900 et 6.22.4, et après je pourrais réinstaller le patch du tuto pour avoir l’AUDI CONNECT.

Une autre option serait de faire la MAJ seulement de la partie NAVI 6.22.4, mais je ne suis pas sure si ça fonctionnera sur P782.

Bonjour Frankiegom,

Merci beaucoup de ta continuité sur ce sujet concernant le FW900.

En Juin jai suivi le tuto avec succès sur le FW P782 en tout fonctionne à la perfection. Jai utilisé AUDI CONNECT et Google Earth pendant tout lété.

Par contre, jai encore la version NAVI 6.19.3 et je voudrais faire la MAJ à la version 6.22.4, mais avant tout, je pense quil faudra passer au K900.

Si jai bien compris, la TUTO est applicable au FW900 mais si dabord je désinstalle le patch (script). Et donc, une fois tout désinstallé et comme dorigine, je peux faire la MAJ au FW900 et 6.22.4, et après je pourrais réinstaller le patch du tuto pour avoir lAUDI CONNECT.

Une autre option serait de faire la MAJ seulement de la partie NAVI 6.22.4, mais je ne suis pas sure si ça fonctionnera sur P782.

Il est possible que la nouvelle carte fonctionne sur l'ancien firmware d'après certains retours mais le 900 apporte quelques améliorations notablé en particulier la possibilité de faire des recherche en ligne via la commande vocale directement.

Effectivement si tu as gardé la carte SD d'installation avec les fichiers sauvegardés le mieux est d'utiliser le script de des installation avant de passer au FW 900.

Ça permettra de valider la manoeuvre une fois pour toute. Et si jamais il y a un soucis on sait quoi faire pour t'aider.

Oui j'ai bien gardé le SD d'installation. En revanche je suis très heureux avec la fonctionnalité AUDI CONNECT pour risquer le perdre assez rapidement. Je vais étudier d'abord autres possibilités qui on réussi a avoir AUDI CONNECT avec WIFI mais en utilisant le "Rasberry Pi" et deux "dongles wifi".

Ici le Tuto Audi Connect Rasp mais (en espagnol) et ICI le script si jamais vaut la peine à étudier. Merci a Tomasz73

C'est ce que je voulais tenter pendant les vacances mais par manque de temps je n'ai pu le faire ....

J'espère y arriver bientôt

Hi. If you have Fair Mode activated, the bars are always full (five bars) and two little arrows.

Thanks for the advise.

This might be the discriminate why Street View is not working on RNS850 before 2011 (without SIM).

Hi,

I have RNS850 with sim and I need to uninstall fairmode. What exactly need to be uninstalled(removed)?

Please see pic.

Thank you in advance

https://goo.gl/photos/qReQxvManFZ2qQho6

In the green menu, under the sction config, there is a line that state "uninstall fair mode".

You need to run this.

Nothing to do with your pic.

post-138190-0-53043100-1472680581_thumb.jpg

Hi Miazza,

That picture is exactly the screen after I have selected "uninstall fairmode"

From what I have red, when you press install fairmode , in "uninstall" section will be created "restore backup from original files", "remove useDHCP" and "remove DlinkreplacesPPP". Which files need to be removed? What are the other files?

I have updated maps and firmware but I think the activation mode it is not from the dealer.

If somebody can explain me more clear what's with those files, I will much appreciate.

Thank you

OK .... sorry I did never run that command.

Ask to windstar who did it for sure ... see post 433 in this thread.

Hi,

I have followed the steps from miazza post #461 to activate GE and working good :) I have only used script from folder 02 - RNS850-GE_Enable

There was no need to uninstall fairmode. I just introduced the simcard in the unit and connected to the internet.

It is working also the street view without doing anything else.

ManyThank's to congo, frankiegom, Windstar & miazza

Hi,

I have followed the steps from miazza post #461 to activate GE and working good :) I have only used script from folder 02 - RNS850-GE_Enable

There was no need to uninstall fairmode. I just introduced the simcard in the unit and connected to the internet.

It is working also the street view without doing anything else.

ManyThank's to congo, frankiegom, Windstar & miazza

Of course if you are with SIM you do not need to install WiFi script and therefore no need to uninstall fair mode.

Happy you managed.

What about Online Traffic ?

Activating Traffic Online, and the green menu, is easy enough without Vagcom/VCDS.

If you can read the install script and understand it, all lies in the sqlite.xml file that is copied to the MMI (line 207 of the script). If you craft a script (or modify the existing one) that does just that (plus the few initialize lines at the beginning) and reboot the MMI you should be good.

Let me know if you're not comfortable doing it and I will try to get you a modified version (but it may take a while before I can do it).

Of course if you are with SIM you do not need to install WiFi script and therefore no need to uninstall fair mode.

It might be a good idea to provide a modified version of the run.sh script that does not run the installFairMode.sh script (just comment out lines 215 to 222) for those that want to run RNS850 without SIM. I'd rather not do it as it may be confusing to Audi owner in the forum, it's probably best to reference it in a Tuareg forum (possibly via a cross link)...

Activating Traffic Online, and the green menu, is easy enough without Vagcom/VCDS.

If you can read the install script and understand it, all lies in the sqlite.xml file that is copied to the MMI (line 207 of the script). If you craft a script (or modify the existing one) that does just that (plus the few initialize lines at the beginning) and reboot the MMI you should be good.

Let me know if you're not comfortable doing it and I will try to get you a modified version (but it may take a while before I can do it).

I have never done it. It may be a good challenge for me but I would prefer that you can help me with, please :)

I can put # in front of lines 216-220 but I don't know what other lines in the beginning :).

So, basically I have to run also the script from folder 01-RNS850-GE-WIFI without the part of install fairmode? I have seen that this script install also Traffic online.

Like you can see in my picture from previous post, I have already installed fairmode (not by me, by first owner). Does this have any influence or need to uninstall something there?

To conclude, I will wait for your script for my RNS850 with simcard :)

Thank you

It might be a good idea to provide a modified version of the run.sh script that does not run the installFairMode.sh script (just comment out lines 215 to 222) for those that want to run RNS850 without SIM. I'd rather not do it as it may be confusing to Audi owner in the forum, it's probably best to reference it in a Tuareg forum (possibly via a cross link)...

Yes, you are right but finally this is a thred for activating GE over wifi without the SIM ;).

Ok, anyhow I will thin about that, may be I can add a note to comment that line for people with SIM!

Two advantages: it will save them some hassle if they don't read through the all thread (this happens quite often in most forums), and one less manipulation of their system is one less chance to wrecck havoc on it!

Installation of fairmode is creating few files like DLinkReplacesPPP and I have seen that this is used in mme-becker configuration inside 01-RNS850-GE-WIFI activation script.

If I don't need to install fairmemode because I have simcard installed, how this script will gonna work without that file? In my case, maybe will be OK because was previously installed.

Sorry for asking so many questions :) but you just woke up my interest on this and maybe some others can learn from here

Yes, you are right but finally this is a thred for activating GE over wifi without the SIM ;).

Ok, anyhow I will thin about that, may be I can add a note to comment that line for people with SIM!

OK sorry, I will not bother anymore

Thank you :)

@silvinnio

If you have VCDS and diagnostic data cable, you can try the following:

1) activate green menu (with VCDS or dedicated script)

2) activate CAR-NET: 5F--> Adaptation 10, canal 69 insert value 32783

3) run GE_ENABLE script

Some RNS850 users were succesfull in this way.

Otherwise you can edit the run.sh script as suggested by frankiegom; in this way you will have in the log a fail on the fairmode install that is exactly what you need:

#launch installFairMode.sh script (comment next line if not necessary for RNS850 system with SIM)
#/scripts/Connectivity/installFairMode.sh
if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]; then
	echo -ne $(getTime) " - step 20 Failed Launch installFairMode.sh script\r\n" >> $SAVPath/log.txt
	errnum=1
else
	echo -ne $(getTime) " - step 20 Success Launch installFairMode.sh script\r\n" >> $SAVPath/log.txt
fi
  • 4 semaines plus tard...

Bonjour and hi everyone,

I have installed the scripts, set up the router as described in the tutorial but connect online is not working. I have a compatible stick, under interfaces the internet is working and the mmi i think is connected to the router but in green menu under ip config it says that it is not connected. I am really confused. Can somebody help me?

You are going to provide a little more detail than that if yo uwant some help here, but first I'd say if the MMI tells you it's not connected then it probably isn't.

some things you can try:

- if you plug a laptop in the router LAN interface (laptop WiFi off), does it get Internet?

- from same laptop can you ping IP 192.168.1.1 ?

- can you post screenshots of the relevant green menu screens?

One error that is frequently made is forgetting to pair the router with the MMI WiFi. Please go back to your router status screen and confirm WiFi is connected to your MMI hotspot. Provide screenshots of the relevant router screens as well.